Another Awadhi style dish. Enjoy!
- 250 gms Achari mirch
- 1 Onion grated
- 1 Tsp Ginger garlic paste
- 1/4 Cup Tomato puree
- 1 Sprig Curry leaves
- 1 Tsp Mustard seeds
- 1 Cup Curd
- A pinch Hing
- Peanut & Sesame (white) seeds paste – 1 Tbsp of each is soaked in curd for 20 mins and then ground into paste.
1) Heat oil in a kadhai and slightly fry the green chilies and take them out.
2) In the same oil, add curry leaves and mustard seeds and let in crackle.
3) Add the ginger garlic paste and fry till it turns brown.
4) Add the onion and the tomato puree and cook till the oil leaves the side.
5) Add the chilies, curd, peanut & sesame paste. This will make the mixture thick so add water to make gravy. The quantity of water depends on how thin you want it.
6) Add salt, red chilly powder, turmeric and hing.
7) Let it simmer for 15-20 minutes. Serve hot with biryani!