I finally found the other shade that I wanted from this range 🙂 Remember when I had reviewed the N*ude Touch lip gloss (click on name to see the review) awhile back and had mentioned this other pretty color that they didn’t have in stock. I found it in a counter in Mumbai! Yea!! I really like the look that these glosses provide. So lets breeze through an express review:
* Comes in a slim tube transparent packing with a metallic gold cap.
* Tube is around 3 inches in height
* The slimness of it makes it very easy to tout around even in a clutch
* The mouth of the tube has been given a slanted shape making it easy to apply the product
* It takes a little pressure for the product to come out which is good thing.
* Flexibility if the packing makes it easy to control the amount of product being dispensed.
* Has a mouth watering burnt caramel scent to it. Smells like freshly made cotton candy.
* Has a thick lipgloss texture to it.
* Coats your lips and you can feel the product on you.
* Neither does it emphasize the lines nor does it cover it
* Personally I did not find it sticky
* Being a lipgloss does not last long on the lips but survives till the 5th kiss in the “kiss test”
* Provides moisturization to the lips
* In the tube it looks like a slightly purple toned pink with a lot of shimmer in it
* In the hand swatch looks a like a raspberry pink color with minute gold/silver shimmer
* On the lips it translates to a shade slightly different than the one on the hand.
* Provides some amount of coverage. Not full but decent. Pigmentation of the lip can be made out slightly if observed carefully
All in all I really like mine. The shades is very wearable even in the day. Gives the lips a nice soft reddish pink color which looks quite pretty. Being a lip gloss lover I’m into it. Oh but I would like to point out a problem with it and something which will effect its overall score below. I had bought the n*de one much before this and yes as someone pointed out the oil has separated from the product. I try to shake my tube before using that one. Helps somewhat. I wish there where these balls in it like the ones you to get see in some nail paints. They help to mix the product back up properly.
I’m thinking of de-tubing it and squeezing it out into one of those really small plastic boxes you get these days (what is called “dibbi” in Hindi). Then will just use it with a brush. It is not a deal breaker for me but it might be for someone. Honestly for me I would buy it for the smell alone coz it is just so yummy. Just want to bite into my tube and relive childhood memories of digging into a freshly made cotton candy. People from Kolkata will especially know what I’m talking about. Remember the Kolkata Book Fair days of old times anyone? *Sigh*
Ok enough of that. I hope you guys liked the review. As always I look out to read your thoughts/ comments and suggestions. Love hearing what you have to say as well as your opinions on the product. I will see you soon – Bye!
Would you purchase L’Oreal Color Riche Le Gloss Violet Attitude again? – I really like the range and will pick something else from it. I just might get this color again too.