You must be wondering why have I put the recipe for such an unappealing veggie. Well let me tell you a secret my friend 🙂 Everyone knows that Broccoli is rich in nutrients and contrary to popular belief it is quite tasty. Ahh but did you know that it contained “negative” calories. Yes you heard me. Now what the heck is “negative” calories? Well it is called that coz in order to digest it the body consumes more calories than is actually present in it. To put it simply if suppose I’m consuming 150g of it which is like 51 calories my body will burn more than 51 (could not find exact number) just to digest it. So think about that while you enjoy this French style soup!
- 1 Whole Broccoli
- 1 Celery stick (another negative calorie)
- 3 Cloves Garlic
- 2 Tbsp White sauce
- Butter – to cook
- 1 Tsp Fresh cream
1) Cook together broccoli and celery with 4-5 cups of water in a pressure cooker till 1whistle. Save the water as you will need it as stock.
2) Once the broccoli is tender and has cooled a little, blend it in a blender this smooth. Use a little of the stock water to help make a thick paste.
3) In a pan, melt the butter and add the garlic. Cook till it turns brown. Do it on slightly low heat as butter burns easily.
4) Mix in the broccoli puree. Transfer to another container. Boil the stock.
5) Mix the stock with the puree. Add in the white sauce and fresh cream. Enjoy!