What can I say about this dish? Mouth watering!!! This a dhabha style staple and nothing can give better contentment than some awesome smoke-flavored Dal Makhani with some hot butter naan!! YUM! The secret lies in the slow cooking process. Some people/dhabhas leave their dal to cook overnight. Just imagine. But ‘nuf said. Let’s hop to the recipe.
- 1 bowl Black dal (soaked overnight)
- 2 Tsp Ginger garlic paste
- 1 Cup Tomato puree
- 1 Tbsp Fresh cream
- 1/2 Tsp Butter
- 4 Tbsp Ghee
- 2 Red chilies.
2) In a kadhai, take the remaining ghee and the red chilies and fry for a few minutes till they start changing color. This will add the spiciness to the oil. You can skip this step if you dont want it spicy or can adjust the amount of the red chilly.
3) Saute the ginger garlic paste next.
4) Add tomato puree and cook till the oil leaves the side of the kadhai.
5) Now add the dal, cream, butter and season with salt as per taste. Leave this to cook on a slow flame for as long as you can.